Why I Feel Confident to Move Far Away

One of the scariest things for parents is when their child finally leaves the nest. Moves on to higher places. College. Job. When their children start their own life. Their only family.

For the longest time, I have been attached to my parents hip. Not literally. Okay, maybe literally. To put it short, I was scared to step out of the comfort and safety of my parents.

Recently, however, I've become more acquainted with being alone. In fact, I'm now hungry for independence!

This past summer, I had the incredible opportunity to travel all the way across the world to EUROPE! Yes. You read that right. Europe. 


Paris is somewhere I'd definitely like to go back to! 

It was amazing.

Next year, I'm planning to go to college. But now I'm considering taking a gap year and possibly traveling, getting real world experience, before I take the leap.

Chances are, I will be going to college next year. It's something I have been looking forward to for as long as I can remember. But the fact that taking a gap year is even now a possibility... a reality... is something I am so thankful for!



Or better yet, the possibility of studying abroad in college!

I feel so fortunate to have grown up with such a strong support system who have helped me get to the point in my life that I am at now. A place where I could confidently travel alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment