The Future...

What's the scariest thing?

For me, it's definitely the future... the unknown.

As a senior in high school, there's a lot of things up in the air right now - where will I be in a year? Still in California? Or maybe across the country studying in New York? Or better yet... studying abroad in London?

The fact is that I have no idea where I will be in a year - who I will be in a year!

I have always looked forward to experiencing the typical college life - in a dorm, bonding with my roommate and floor mates. Eating bad food and staying up late. Joining clubs. Maybe even meeting someone?


But for a while now, I've been asking myself where do I want to do that? Do I want to stay near my parents, keep that safety net? Or take the leap and move three thousand miles away to the East Coast?


If I wasn't confused enough, now I've started thinking about the possibility of studying abroad. Something I've been wanting to do for a while now.

I like the thinking about the possibility of studying abroad :)

Obviously, as you can see, there's a lot going on in my head right now.

But that's the thing about life. You never know what the future holds. You may have an idea, possibly even a good guestimate. But things change. People change.

I guess that's kind of what living with Type 1 Diabetes is like. I have no idea if I'm going to have to live with this disease for the rest of my life. I have no idea if my blood sugars are going to be good today even if I work my best. I have no idea what new technologies and innovations will come out to help me deal with this.

But I guess that's part of the fun in life... right?

At least that's what we tell ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment