Background

Diagnosed at age three, diabetes has always been a big part of my life. Diabetes opened my eyes to new possibilities, new friends, and new experiences. Nevertheless, it has also shown me the bad that can come from an unwanted and undeserved disease - from causing me to go low during an important soccer game, to shooting up my blood sugar during an important test! 

As a diabetic of eighteen years, I feel that I have a lot of experience with this disease and want to share my story with non-diabetics, as well as connect with my fellow diabetics out there. Dealing with a 24/7 condition that occupies the most part of my life, I found that one of my main goals is to help other like me, as well as educate others willing to learn more about it!

In my blog, I will be discussing what it takes to be a T1D – from the daily routines to the ups and downs. I will be sharing my inside thoughts and dreams, and stories where diabetes has effected me in a big way and how I had to adjust from having this condition. In the end, reading this blog will give you an insider scoop, inside the mind of a Type 1 Diabetic! Again, thank you all for reading and I hope you learn and get a lot out of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment